Walkin’ on Walmsley
June 28, 2019 @ 9:00 am - 2:00 pm
An event every day that begins at 9:00am, repeating until June 28, 2019
JUNE 24 – JUNE 28
This program is for registered incoming eighth and ninth grade Dominican students for the 2019-2020 school year.
INFO TO KNOW:
Walkin’ on Walmsley is June 24th – 28th. On the first day, please arrive for check-in at 8:30 a.m. in the Siena Center. You will turn in your required forms and receive your t-shirt. All other days, the program is from 9:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
• Students must be dropped off and picked up every day in the back parking lot which is on Burdette and Fig Streets.
• There is no before or after care for this program.
• Drop off is from 8:45 a.m. – 9:00 a.m. Students will gather in the Sister Ambrose Reggio Gym in the morning.
• Pick up is at 2:00 p.m. in the school parking lot. Please enter through the Burdette Street gate. There is no aftercare provided.
• If for some reason you arrive to Dominican after 9:15 a.m. OR you are leaving early, please use the main entrance of school on Walmsley Avenue.
What To Wear
• Attire is casual. Students may wear a modest style of shorts, leggings, or jeans with a t-shirt. Tennis shoes are required. The building can get cold at times, so a light jacket or sweatshirt is recommended.
• Each student receives one Walkin’ on Walmsley t-shirt with her registration. You will receive your t-shirt on the first day.
• Students are required to wear the Walkin’ on Walmsley t-shirt on the first and last days of the week, Monday, June 24th, and Friday, June 28th and on field trip days, which will be announced at the start of the program. On other days, students are encouraged to wear a Dominican t-shirt and/or Dominican-themed attire. No halter or tank tops. No midriffs.
• Moderation in hair color and style is expected. Please do not dye or hi-light hair with any unnatural colors.
• Students will NOT need a device for Walkin’ on Walmsley. We ask that all computers are left at home.
• Students may bring their cell phones as long as they are powered off and stored in a purse or small bag during the program. We will let students know when they can use their phones.
• Each student should bring a pen, 2 pencils (any kind), and a notebook to Dominican every day. A small bag/bookbag is recommended to store the supplies and cell phone. All other supplies will be provided.
• There will be built in reading time, so please bring your summer reading book or a book of your choice. Please refer to the Incoming Student Portal for Summer Reading Information.
• Students will be provided with the Dominican Math Summer Worksheet.
• Lunch is included with each student’s registration. However, a student may bring her own lunch if she chooses.
• If a student has special dietary needs, she may bring from home whatever she needs for lunch.
• Water and lemonade are provided with lunch. Drink machines will be available to purchase bottled water or soda. The cost is $1.00 – $1.50.
• Microwaves are available.
Monday – Chicken Alfredo Pasta, Peas, Cookies, Spa Water & Lemonade
Tuesday – Cheese or Pepperoni French Bread Pizza, Caesar Salad, Brownie, Spa Water & Lemonade
Wednesday – Cheese or Chicken Quesadilla Bar, Fiesta Corn, Orange Wedges, Spa Water & Lemonade
Thursday – Popcorn Shrimp, Mac & Cheese, Strawberries, Rice Krispy Treat, Spa Water & Lemonade
Friday – Fried Chicken Tenders & French Fry Bar, Watermelon, Cookies, Spa Water & Lemonade
• If you need to relay an immediate message to your daughter or there is an emergency, please call the main number at Dominican. Please inform the receptionist that your daughter is attending the Walkin’ on Walmsley program. The receptionist will get the message to the Walkin’ on Walmsley staff. The main number is (504) 865-9401.
• A permission slip and AUP (Acceptable Use Policy) form are required to participate in the off-campus field trip and on-campus activities. You can access the forms on the Incoming Student Portal.
• Please sign both forms and return on the first day of the program, Monday, June 24. Thank you for participating in the Walking on Walmsley Program. For additional information or any questions regarding the program, please contact Evelyn Maggio at firstname.lastname@example.org or (504)518-5040.
REMINDER: On the first day of the program, Monday, June 24, participants must bring both signed forms.
We look forward to an exciting week with our incoming students!