Welcome to Dominican!
You may be asking yourself…Why Dominican? What opportunities and experiences are available to Dominican students? What makes Dominican different?
For 150 years, St. Mary’s Dominican High School has been an outstanding educational institution for young women in New Orleans, but it is also so much more. Dominican is a place for strong leaders, dedicated servers, and curious learners. Dominican students develop not only academically, but also spiritually and socially. Dominican students reach the highest level of academic achievement, grow in their faith, make lifelong friendships, and experience the power of service to others. St. Mary’s Dominican High School prepares young women for college, builds self-confidence in its students, and sets them on a path for lifelong success.
As you explore why Dominican students consistently thrive and excel during these pivotal high school years, consider the distinctive benefits of a Dominican education.
- Our rich history and Catholic identity, rooted in the tradition of St. Dominic and the Dominican Sisters.
- Our commitment to the four pillars of Dominican life that are integrated into all aspects of the DHS experience: prayer, study, community, and service.
- Our exceptional college-preparatory program, designed to challenge each student to reach her potential.
- Our unique school spirit and cherished traditions.
- Our profound family atmosphere that makes Dominican more than just a school…it’s a second home!
We encourage you to visit and talk with Dominican students, faculty, staff, parents, and alumnae. You will certainly discover the power of the St. Mary’s Dominican High School legacy-150 years in the making!