The guidance program of Dominican High School is designed to assist each student in evaluating her abilities and interests, to provide her with the information concerning future educational opportunities, to help her to make realistic choices regarding her future, and to assist her in working out effective solutions to personal difficulties.
Each grade level is assigned to a counselor. We also have a college counselor for any student with specific college related questions.
A guidance counselor is available from 7:15 a.m. until 4:00 p.m. on regular school days. On exam days a guidance counselor is available from 7:15 a.m. until one hour after the last exam.
TRANSCRIPT REQUEST FORM
Below is a list of some links that may be helpful:
- https://connection.naviance.com/smdhs Naviance – college search, personality test, career information, compare your profile to that of admitted students from DHS to various universities, etc
- www.act.org ACT test registration and test prep, college information
- www.collegeboard.com SAT registration and test prep, college information and searches, etc.
- www.nacacnet.org NACAC- helpful information about college
- www.osfa.la.gov Louisiana Office of Student Financial Assistance – TOPS
- www.fafsa.gov Free Application for Federal Student Aid
- http://kaarme.com Scholarship search – can search by topic instead of making a profile
- www.scholarships.com Scholarship search
- www.collegenet.com/mach25/app Scholarship search – can search by topic in addition to making a profile
- www.fastweb.com Scholarship search
- www.collegedata.com Good site to compare your profile to that of admitted students, good for searches
For information about upcoming ACT Prep Courses at St. Mary’s Dominican High School, contact Mrs. Suzanne Ladmirault at 504.518.5042 or email@example.com.